1. The property known as the Villa Karissa (“the Property”) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Mike Wooldridge (“the owner”). The persons name that appears on the booking form is known as (“the client”)
2. To reserve the “Property”, the client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the owner/agent will send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
Payments & Cancellation
3. The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see clause 4) is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. A security Deposit of £200.00 for the rental period is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the owner. The owner will account to the client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
5. Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a non-insurable cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the owner is able to relet the “Property”, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the owner’s insurance.
Check in Check out
6. The rental period shall commence at 3.00 pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The owner shall not be obliged to offer accommodation before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated. Maids may still be cleaning the property up to 3pm and may arrive as early as 10am on the day of your departure.
7. The maximum number to reside in the “Property” must not exceed six persons unless the owner gives written permission. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate children under the age of 5 years. Furthermore the owner or representative must be informed of any additional people staying in the villa overnight. The number of people staying in the villa must not exceed the maximum number as stated above or exceed the number of people stated on your booking form held by the owner. The owner or representative will ask any person to leave the villa in case of non compliance. The villa is booked solely for normal holiday use and may not be used in any other manor. Pets/animals are not allowed unless agreed in writing with the owner.
8. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the “Property” and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in our season prices, the owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the “Property” in an unacceptable condition. The client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those resident in the neighboring properties. We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to terminate your stay in the villa if your behaviour is likely, in our opinion or our representatives to cause distress, damage, annoyance or danger to our representative or any third party.
9. The client agrees not to use the swimming pool before 07.00hrs and after 21.00hrs. Diving in the pool is strictly prohibited. We do not claim that the villa is totally child friendly. Care should be taken, especially around the pool area with supervision being given to children at all times. Breakable items such as glass & crockery should not be used around the pool, you will be liable for drainage and cleaning costs should such items be broken in or around the pool. In the event of an incident in or around the immediate area of the pool, you must report this to our villa representative who will attend the villa and immediate action will be taken to correct the problem. You will be instructed in writing to cease using the pool until a repair is facilitated.
10. The client shall report to the owner without any delay any defects in the “Property” or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the “Property” or garden, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
11. A food starter pack (welcome hamper) is available on request but we do not cater for particular demands/allergies. The pack is designed to allow light refreshments upon arrival. A list of products provided will be given to you when you make the booking.
12. A small number of dishwasher tablets & cleaning products will be provided and we ask that you purchase more should you use these items up. Toilet rolls are provided when you arrive at the villa but not for the duration of your stay.
Out of our Control
13. From time to time building work and associated noise is unavoidable. We do not control such work and do not always receive advance notification of when it will begin. Where we are aware of such building work we will notify you as soon as possible if we believe the work will affect your holiday. If we consider the work will have a significant affect on your holiday we will do our best to provide comparable arrangements.
The owner shall not be liable to the Client:
For any temporary defect or stoppage, in the supply of public services to the “Property”, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery appliance in the “Property”, or garden. For any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owner. for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the “Property” shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any event, the owner shall, within seven days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period. Under no circumstances shall the owner’s liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the owner for the rental period.
This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England.
© Copyright Villa Karissa.com 2018